A few “Quick Picks” – highlights from the week past worth passing on…
- Glenn “Instapundit” Reynolds on the pending collapse of the higher education bubble. And Eight Reasons College Tuition is the Next Bubble to Burst.
- The “stars fell on” Alabama May 18, and now NASA’s looking for the meteorite. See here also.
- Wired Magazine’s Threat Level Blog broke the story of how an Army specialist leaked videos and potentially sensitive diplomatic cables to Wikileaks.
- Some recycling sanity from Type-A Mom.
- PatentlyO reports on yet another record breaking week for patents. Someone must be cracking the whip and getting those cases processed.
- As expected, blogger Mickey Kaus did not defeat Barbara Boxer for the Democratic Party nomination for U.S. Senator from California. But the performance of his low-budget, grass-roots campaign drew welcomed attention to dissatisfaction with the big government elitism afflicting the establishments of both parties. Read his concession statement here.
- Hayek’s classic Road to Serfdom tops the Amazon Best Seller list. Here’s the comic strip version – which will have to satisfy you because apparently they are now sold out. Hat tip: Glenn Reynolds.